While you watch my videos, I suggest you read the following books for a deeper insight:
- Principles of Virology, 3rd/ 4th Ed. (by S.J.Flint, Vincent Racniello et al.) This is not a typical Virology textbook dealing with different chapters on different viruses. But if you really want to learn and have deeper insight of Virology, I suggest you read this. Its very student friendly and is the very right way to study virology!
- Fields Virology, 6th Ed. (This is known as the bible of Virology, but personally, I didn’t like it. It doesn’t contain much illustrations and is not at all student friendly as per my opinion. If you need to study a particular virus/ family in detail, this is the right book. But it doesn’t give you a good start)
- VIrology: Principles & Applications by John Carter et al.
- Introduction to Modern Virology by Nigel J. Dimmock et al.
- How the Immune System Works by Lauren Sompayrac
- Immunology, 6th Ed. by Kuby (Later editions have many changes and they have removed many simple illustrations, so use only 6th or 5th Ed.)
- Roitt’s Essential Immunology, 12th Ed. by Peter J. Delves et al.
- Cellular and Molecular Immunology, 8th Ed. by Abul K. Abbas
- Fundamental Immunology, 7th Ed. by William E. Paul